Algorithms and basics of programming
- No classes in this semester.
- maximum number of absences: 3
- late arrival (more than 20 minutes) means absent from class
- 2 midterm tests (+1 retake) during the semester
- the weight of the first test is 40%, the weight of second one is 60%
- at least 40% is needed to pass
- the only one retake test covers the whole semester and its result overwrite previous results
- the sum of the test results (or the simply the retake) determines the final grade
Material of lessons
- Narasimha Karumanchi: Data Structures and Algorithmic Thinking with Python (CareerMonk, 2017)
- Peter Wentworth, Jeffrey Elkner, Allen B. Downey and Chris Meyers: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python 3 (online, 2012).
- CodeWarrior: Principles of Programming (Metrowerks, 1995)